Everyday Grooves is an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app to encourage routines and structure through song.
There are many great ways to talk about daily routines with your children:
- Ask your child what their favorite things are to do everyday, and why they like to do them.
- Make up your own songs or poems with your child about the things they do every day. Does he or she have a morning ritual? A favorite game or toy? Make a song about it, no matter how simple, and sing it together.
- There are many non-traditional routines that are great for starting a conversation, such as talking about something you are thankful for or saying something nice about someone else.
- It is easy to lose track of time during the day - daily events with your child can end up being rushed, or inconsistent. The Everyday Grooves app and songs help to encourage structure in the life of your child, which can be helpful for social and emotional development.
- Daily routines help children learn about themselves, their family and friends, and the outside world. They can also help children feel safe and secure.
- Activities that can cause conflict, like leaving the house or going to bed, can be made easier when a child knows what to expect and how to prepare. Singing a song can be a great way of helping a child prepare to switch into a new activity.
- For Ages
- 1-5 years
- Time Required
- 2 min
- Average Rating