Reading Together 1. Getting Started
Reading aloud opens a world of discovery & learning; it's a great way to connect parents & children.
Reading together daily gives children the skills they'll need for school and the world beyond.
Part 1 of 6.
When watching the segments of Reading Together, ask yourself the following questions:
- During the course of my daily routine, when do I read with my child?
- What are the kinds of things that I do when reading with my child?
After viewing Reading Together, answer the following questions:
- What things in Reading Together are you already doing?
- What is one new thing from the video that you will try to do?
- Reading with a child is an excellent way to spend time together, regardless of whether it's on a book or a screen. Try to give your child book options in digital and print form.
- One of the most important activities for building the knowledge that is needed for successful reading is reading aloud to children.
- Reading together is a great way to introduce new vocabulary and build up "background knowledge." Background knowledge is all of the knowledge that readers bring with them to understand new situations, including books and other media.
- For Ages
- 0-5 years
- Time Required
- 2 min
- Average Rating