(SPANISH) - Video showing how to strengthen literacy skills through simple daily activities
- When reading a book that you have read many times before, stop from time to time at a word or phrase and let your child fill in the missing words.
- Keep children involved by asking, "what do you think might happen next?"
- Be careful of reading too fast; when you slow down, it gives children time to think about what's just been read.
- Reading with a child is an excellent way to spend time together, regardless of whether it's on a book or a screen. Try to give your child book options in digital and print form.
- One of the most important activities for building the knowledge that is needed for successful reading is reading aloud to children.
- Reading together is a great way to introduce new vocabulary and build up "background knowledge." Background knowledge is all of the knowledge that readers bring with them to understand new situations, including books and other media.
- For Ages
- 0-5 years
- Time Required
- 2 min
- Average Rating